10 – Unusual Facts About Money
Money might not be able to buy you happiness, but these interesting facts might make you smile.
- Research shows that millionaires enjoy better and more adventurous sex with more partners. Studies also show that women enjoy sex more if their partner has more money.
- There is more money printed for Monopoly each year than there is cash around the world.
- Walter Cavanagh of California is known as ‘Mr Plastic Fantastic’ as he has 13,000 credit cards and keeps them in the world’s largest wallet.
- Today, most money isn’t in the form of notes and coins. It is information held on computers in businesses and banks.
- It costs more than a penny to make a penny.
- Yap islanders in the Pacific use doughnut shaped stones for money. Some are as large as 12 feet across.
- Queen Elizabeth II holds the record for having her mugshot on more currency than any other person. Her face is used in more than 30 different countries.
- The Chinese invented paper money in the 9th Century AD. Its original name was ‘flying money’ because it could easily blow away.
- Rats ate £7 billion belonging to infamous drug baron Paolo Escobar. Ouch!
- The phrase ‘to pay through the nose’ dates back to the Danes who would slit the noses of the Irish who wouldn’t pay their poll tax.