IVA Technical Reviewer
Starting Salary: Competitive city centre salary
To be responsible for reviewing and monitoring the quality of IVA, Trust Deed and Debt Arrangement Scheme proposals and appendices ensuring that all documents meet regulatory requirements. To have delegated IP authority for reviewing and signing of Chairman’s Reports.
Scope of Job
- To complete an audit sheet for each case reviewed providing feedback to the individual on areas for improvement.
- To monitor and drive workloads through departmental processes to ensure positive customer outcome.
- To identify areas for improvement and gaps in staff knowledge, designing and delivering the training to close the gaps and enhance the customer journey.
- To progress bespoke technical matters including, but not limited to (sale of house, re-mortgage, repossessions, bankruptcy petitions, consumer death, insolvency service / HMRC queries.
- To challenge and question standards of work from processing teams.
- To ensure that all customer correspondence completed is issued in line with the timescales specified within each process.
- Answer front line technical queries from staff, customers and third parties where required.
- To be responsible for responding to escalated formal complaints within the timeframes detailed within the company complaints policy.
- To identify key trends and issues relating to the root causes of complaints and raising these matters to the management team.
- To identify efficiencies, risks or improvements within all departmental processes and ensuring that documented solutions are escalated to line manager in a timely manner.
- To ensure that all internal processing systems and trackers are accurately updated with all activity undertaken on a case.
- To always behave in a professional and effective manner when dealing with third parties and consumers to provide a high level of consumer service
- To ensure a review is completed on all IVA / DAS / Trust Deed proposals / reports ensuring the documentation is of a standard to be presented and signed by the Insolvency Practioner
- To review Chairman’s reports ensuring accuracy before signing the report as delegated IP authority.
- Collate and provide daily, weekly and monthly MI on the quality of cases reviewed.
- Complete any amendments on cases received back from the Insolvency Practioner, ensuring learning from the amendments.
- To ensure that all timescales and regulatory requirements are adhered to on all cases, ensuring that any beaches are escalated immediately identified.
- Ensure that DPA is completed with all customers prior to the purpose of the call being disclosed.
- To ensure that all company guidelines are adhered to fully and all required procedures and processes are followed as set out by the business.
Internal JD, Technical Reviewer, May 2016, Version 1.1
- To take personal accountability and ownership for your own performance / development ensuring, where required, you seek support to ensure success in your role.
Compliance and Limits to Authority
Technical Reviewers have a duty to ensure that they have an awareness of the latest published versions of regulatory guidance and any internal materials created to support adherence to legal obligations. A list of publications would include, but not limited to:
- Learning and Development induction material; specifically Data Protection and Anti-Money Laundering.
- Data Protection Legislation.
- Health and Safety policy.
- ICAEW Regulations, Standards and Guidance.
- The complaints procedure and timeframes.
Limits to Authority:
- Understands the importance of customer focus
- Driven in order to deliver against the needs of the business
- Ability to work effectively within a team
- Able to effectively communicate with both internal and external customers
- Wants to progress and develop themselves within their role
- Can exhibit the core values of the Company: Innovative, Client Centric, Collaborative, Respect and Integrity
Experience / Knowledge
- Hold professional insolvency qualification (CeMap, CPPI, CPI, JIEB or equivalent).
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in an IVA / Trust Deed / Debt Arrangement Scheme drafting environment.
- Organised and able to prioritise own workload.
- Strong communication skills with ability to provide constructive feedback to others.
- High accuracy and attention to detail
- Positive and professional approach with the ability to motivate self and others
- IT proficient (Word and Excel)
- Ability to work to targets and strict deadlines
- Experience in Complaints handling and resolution
Apply for this role or send your C.V. and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org