Are you ready to join us?
MoneyPlus is one of the UK’s largest and most trusted financial solutions companies and with over 20 years’ experience, we’re firmly established in the sector. We have ambitious plans to invest and grow our business over the next 5 years to take advantage of the increasing demand for regulated debt advice. We need you to help us achieve our goals, are you ready to join us?
What’s in it for you?
Working at MoneyPlus, you’ll have access to:
- Our eagerness to keep good talent in-house by providing realistic career progression plans
- An open mindset that embraces new ideas and methodologies
- A competitive salary to support the growth of the business and your personal goals
- An ingrained dedication and opportunities to support our company nominated charity, Manchester Youth Zone
- Work perks a plenty, from a healthcare plan giving cashback on glasses and more, to freebies and discounts through Perkbox and discounted Costco membership
- Our very own subsidised on-site cafe with free healthy breakfast to start every day
- Social events and opportunities to connect with and recognise teams across the business
What we need from you:
The role is to run the reporting side of the finance team on behalf of the Finance Director on a day-to-day basis and have line management responsibility for the Accounts team. This is what you can expect in this role:
- Preparation of the monthly Management Accounts & Board Pack including variance analysis and KPI trends
- Analytical review of P&L and Balance Sheet and ensure monthly movements are investigated
- Preparation of group annual statutory accounts and consolidation
- Management of annual audits including statutory audits and SRA audit (Legal) Preparation of draft corporation tax computations for all group entities
- Submission of HMRC VAT returns, CT61, company secretarial requirements and ONS forms
- Analyse irrecoverable VAT in VAT group
- Review staff payroll
- Management of Finance team comprising 3 staff
- Review monthly bank report & ensure compliance with all covenants
- Support preparation of budgets and forecasts
- Keep up to date balance sheet reconciliations & report on risks and opportunities
- Management of the treasury function including daily cash flow forecasts
- Management of key external relationships such as bank and auditors
- Oversee purchase ledger function
- Drive best practice and wide-ranging improvements to all aspects of the finance team
- Become a go to person for any senior staff for financial information and support to improve the business partnering reputation of the team
- Develop finance systems as appropriate
- Periodically monitor team structure to enable efficient and cost-effective processing
- Ad hoc projects as required
- Ensure all above are produced on time and accurately
- Anticipate future problems and seek out improvement opportunities
- Ensure staff are managed proactively
- Ensure statutory accounts are published on time, and entries are compliant
- Ensure all tax returns are accurate, on time and optimise the tax position
- Oversee SAR compliance in the Legal entity
Required competencies / Behaviours
- Understands the importance of customer focus.
- Driven in order to deliver against the needs of the business.
- Ability to work effectively within a team.
- Ability to manage priorities and respond to urgent requests for information.
- Able to effectively communicate with both internal and external customers.
- Wants to progress and develop themselves and their team.
- Can exhibit the core vision and values of the Company: Work Together, Dream Big, Be Human.
- Qualified Accountant with good technical knowledge and management experience
- Previous experience of working within regulated industry desirable but not essential
- Attention to detail and presentation but also ability to see things in the bigger picture
Excellent excel skills
- Good communication skills, written and verbal, to target person whether junior or senior, finance or non-finance
Apply for this role by sending your C.V and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org