Salary: £25,000-£50,000 DOE
MoneyPlus Legal is an ABS, fully authorised and regulated by The Solicitors Regulation Authority, and part of the wider MoneyPlus Group of companies. Across the Group, we act for more than 50,000 people in relation to legal services, utilities, and expert financial advice.
Currently, we’re seeing significant growth within our legal services, and are looking to expand our team by recruiting Solicitors, Barristers, Legal Executives and Paralegals.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-moving, growing firm that genuinely looks after its people and its clients.
In joining MoneyPlus Legal you won’t be joining your normal, run of the mill law firm. You will be joining a firm that will really look after you and help you achieve your aims and ambitions. We expect you to work hard and behave professionally but we will ensure that you have fun along the way.
This Job description is not exhaustive and tasks may be added or removed to meet the needs of the business.
Benefits & perks.
- City Centre Location with great transport links
- Supportive working environment
- Working for an Investors in People accredited organisation
- Ongoing L&D opportunities and professional development
- Onsite subsidised café
- Access to a subsidised Costco card
- Opportunity to buy additional annual leave
- Perkbox discount scheme
- Company wide social events
- Medicash health cash back plan
- Access to Mental Health First Aiders and a domestic Personal Support Team
- To review all new cases and clients, complete due diligence on the file and consider whether or not the firm should take on the client’s case.
- To assume conduct of existing caseload of matters where proceedings have been issued.
- To ensure all directions and orders are abided by and to instruct Counsel as and when appropriate.
- To take full instructions from clients.
- To draft all client care, fee arrangements, witness statements and court documents.
- To prepare bundles for the Court and instructions to Counsel.
- To attend hearings and attend client meetings.
- To provide legal advice in the best interests of the client, to always assess the risks to client and uphold client care to the highest standard.
- To ensure all case and court deadlines are met.
- To time record on the case management system – Proclaim.
- To engage in settlement negotiation’s and if necessary begin debt recovery proceedings.
- To draft, review and act for departments within the MoneyPlus Group as and when required.
- To delegate work as appropriate to a team of Paralegals.
- To oversee the work and ongoing professional development of a team of Paralegals.
You be will frequently required to report to senior management on all on-going cases as well as manage the performance of the team of Paralegals within your reporting line.
Compliance & limits to authority.
MoneyPlus Legal is regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA). It is of the upmost important that all colleagues follow the code of conduct and SRA principles at all times.
Limits to authority:
Any authority will be assigned to colleagues by the Head of Legal or Senior Solicitors.
- Must exercise excellent attention to detail
- Must be competent in drafting and completing legal research
- Must act professionally at all times
- Must have excellent time management and organisation skills
- Must uphold all client care to the highest standard
- Must have an excellent telephone manner
- Act in line with our Company Values: Be Human, Work Together and Dream Big and understand how they translate to daily life in MoneyPlus Legal
- Embody the company mission statement to Help People, Live Better.
- Qualified solicitor or equivalent Cilex qualification
- Knowledge of the CPR
- Knowledge of case management system and time recording
- Experience in Consumer Credit Act matters
Apply for this role or send your C.V. and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.