Senior Software Developer
Location: Manchester (hybrid working with a mix of office and WFH)
About MoneyPlus Group.
MoneyPlus is one of the UK’s largest, and most trusted, financial solution companies. If you share our passion for improving the lives of others through simple, affordable, jargon-free services, then you may have what it takes to join our team. We’re committed to giving our people everything they need to be comfortable, engaged, enriched, and successful. We take pride in providing our employees with excellent resources and benefits.
The Senior Software Developer will be responsible for the development of a wide range of both internally and externally facing systems. Working across all verticals within the Group (Advice, Insolvency, Legal) this role will be the key to the success of the business in delivering new systems and changes to the business in an agile manner.
As a Senior Software Developer, you will be expected to mentor and support the other developers, take part in architecture and design sessions, and ensure design, security and coding standards best practice is considered and applied where required. You will be responsible for supporting the Head of IT and Head of Development in estimating, planning, and managing the development teams’ sprints and workloads. You will participate in the daily stand-up ensuring progress is being made on time and any blockers are reported.
The role will have key involvement and a voice in shaping the Development team and its methodologies and practices.
This is a hybrid role with a mix of office and home working.
This Job description is not exhaustive, and tasks may be added or removed to meet the needs of the business.
- Develop solutions that perform, are reliable and secure.
- Work with the business to gather requirements and suggest solutions.
- Own your features from backlog to deployment and beyond.
- Deploy, run, and support the solutions you build.
- Actively participate in the daily stand-up.
- Suggest new and improved ways of working to get products/changes to market sooner.
- Expert in Node.JS / Ember.JS.
- Solid understanding of PHP and Vue.JS.
- Ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical colleagues.
- Appropriate degree, professional qualifications, or equivalent experience.
- Proactive, outgoing, self-starter who is highly motivated.
- Capable of building trusted relationship with colleagues at all levels.
- Driven by a passion to achieve good customer and business outcomes.
- Networking with colleagues in operations.
- Ability to articulate information in a manner appropriate to the audience.
- Driven to achieve successful business improvements across all MoneyPlus entities.
Experience & knowledge:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience of developing PHP solutions based on the Laravel Framework.
- Excellent knowledge of MySQL Programming.
- Excellent working knowledge of Git.
- TDD Experience
- Experience of working within an Agile Environment.
- Experience of working with Docker.
- API development and Microservices.
- Test Automation
- AWS DevOps
- MySQL Administration.
- Appreciation of UX best practice.
Apply for this role or send your C.V. and covering letter to email@example.com