Starting Salary: £18,000 – £20,000 DOE
MoneyPlus Legal is an ABS, fully authorised and regulated by The Solicitors Regulation Authority, and part of the wider MoneyPlus Group of companies. Across the Group, we act for more than 50,000 people in relation to legal services, utilities, and expert financial advice.
Currently, we’re seeing significant growth within our legal services, and are looking to expand our team by recruiting Solicitors, Barristers, Legal Executives and Paralegals to our team in Manchester City Centre.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-moving, growing firm that genuinely looks after its people and its clients.
In joining MoneyPlus Legal you won’t be joining your normal, run of the mill law firm. You will be joining a firm that will really look after you and help you achieve your aims and ambitions. We expect you to work hard and behave professionally but we will ensure that you have fun along the way.
This Job description is not exhaustive and tasks may be added or removed to meet the needs of the business.
Benefits & perks.
- City Centre Location with great transport links
- Supportive working environment
- Working for an Investors in People accredited organisation
- Ongoing L&D opportunities and professional development
- Onsite subsidised café
- Access to a subsidised Costco card
- Opportunity to buy additional annual leave
- Perkbox discount scheme
- Company wide social events
- Medicash health cash back plan
- Access to Mental Health First Aiders and a domestic Personal Support Team
- To assist senior solicitors in the legal department on the day to day management of cases.
- To complete all necessary administration tasks including, but not limited to:
- Answering telephone calls
- Completing legal research
- Creating new clients on the case management system
- Assisting with the preparation of documents in a defined legal process which will include Letter of Claim, Claim Form, Particulars of Claim
- Engagement with third party companies and recording accurate updates on approved third party systems
- To review Court Orders and ensure the detail is reflective of the Hearing Outcome
- To upload key dates of the Directions Order in to the case management system
- To instruct Court Advocates to attend Court Hearings
- To ensure that all post is recorded and scanned onto the case management system
- To ensure all deadlines are diarised and accurately recorded in the case management system which will ensure case progression is accurate and on time
- To report to a Solicitor / Legal Executive and be responsible for self-management of completing time critical tasks in accordance with service level agreement and Court Orders
- Opportunity to accompany senior solicitors to Court Hearings and client meetings where appropriate
You be will frequently required to report to your line manager (who will be a Solicitor or Legal Executive) as well as Senior Solicitors at their request.
Compliance & limits to authority.
MoneyPlus Legal is regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA). It is of the upmost important that all colleagues follow the code of conduct and SRA principles at all times.
Limits to authority:
Any authority will be assigned to colleagues by the Head of Legal or Senior Solicitors.
- Must exercise excellent attention to detail
- Must be comfortable in completing legal research
- Must act professionally at all times
- Must have excellent time management and organisation skills
- Must uphold all client care to the highest standard
- Must have an excellent telephone manner
- Must have a willingness to learn and gain experience in new areas of law
- Act in line with our Company Values: Be Human, Work Together and Dream Big and understand how they translate to daily life in MoneyPlus Legal
- Embody the company mission statement to Help People, Live Better.
- Educated to degree standard, preferably in Law, although not essential as non-legal qualifications will be considered
- Enrolled on or completed the LPC course, however training will be provided
- Administration experience is desired
- Knowledge of Civil Procedure Rules is useful but not essential
Apply for this role or send your C.V. and covering letter to email@example.com