MoneyPlus Legal is an ABS, fully authorised and regulated by The Solicitors Regulation Authority, and part of the wider MoneyPlus Group of companies.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-moving, growing firm that genuinely looks after its people and its clients.
In joining MoneyPlus Legal you won’t be joining your normal, run of the mill law firm. You will be joining a firm that will really look after you and help you achieve your aims and ambitions. We expect you to work hard and behave professionally but we will ensure that you have fun along the way.
This Job description is not exhaustive and tasks may be added or removed to meet the needs of the business.
Benefits & perks.
- City Centre Location with great transport links
- Supportive working environment
- Working for an Investors in People accredited organisation
- Ongoing L&D opportunities and professional development
- Onsite subsidised café
- Access to a subsidised Costco card
- Opportunity to buy additional annual leave
- Perkbox discount scheme
- Company wide social events
- Medicash health cash back plan
- Access to Mental Health First Aiders and a domestic Personal Support Team
- To review all new cases and clients, complete due diligence on the file and consider whether or not the firm should take on the client’s case.
- To deal with cases from inception to trial.
- To assess quantum.
- To actively review prospects of success.
- To assume conduct of existing caseload of matters where proceedings have been issued.
- To ensure all directions and orders are abided by and to instruct Counsel as and when appropriate.
- To take detailed instructions from clients.
- To draft all client care, fee arrangements, witness statements and court documents (including pleadings/statements of case).
- To prepare bundles for the Court and instructions to Counsel.
- To attend hearings (remote and in-person hearings).
- To attend client meetings.
- To liaise with counsel.
- To provide legal advice in the best interests of the client, to always assess the risks to client and uphold client care to the highest standard.
- To ensure all case and court deadlines are met.
- To time record on the case management system – Proclaim.
- To engage in settlement negotiations and if necessary begin debt recovery proceedings.
- To draft, review and act for departments within the Money Plus Group as and when required.
Reporting to senior staff on all on-going cases.
Compliance & limits to authority.
MoneyPlus Legal is regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA). It is of the utmost importance that all colleagues follow the code of conduct and SRA principles at all times.
Limits to authority:
Any high level decisions and issues must be discussed with senior staff prior to any action.
- Must exercise excellent attention to detail
- Must be competent in drafting and completing legal research
- Must act professionally at all times
- Must have excellent time management and organisation skills
- Must uphold all client care to the highest standard
- Must have an excellent telephone manner
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and work well under pressure
- Qualified solicitor or equivalent Cilex qualification
- Knowledge of the CPR
- Knowledge of case management system and time recording
- Must be able to demonstrate experience of having handled a litigated caseload
Apply for this role or send your C.V. and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.