Salary: £18,000 – £22,000
MoneyPlus is one of the UK’s largest, and most trusted, financial solution companies. We strongly believe in providing the best quality help and advice and we will go out of our way to do so. Unlike some organisations, we are completely independent and not linked to any creditors, so our priority is to our customers. We believe this makes us more impartial and able to offer the quality of service our customers deserve.
At MoneyPlus you’ll be joining a firm that will strive to support you and help you achieve your goals and ambitions. We expect you to work hard and behave professionally but we’ll ensure you have fun along the way. Building on our well established roots, we’re looking to grow.
- Full training to ensure you’re set up for success in your new role as well as ongoing support and coaching
- Our eagerness to keep good talent in-house by providing realistic career progression plans
- An open mindset that embraces new ideas and methodologies
- An ingrained dedication and opportunities to support our company nominated charity, Manchester Youth Zone
- Work perks a plenty, from a healthcare plan giving cashback on glasses and more, to freebies and discounts through Perkbox and discounted Costco membership
- Our very own subsidised on-site cafe with free healthy breakfast to start every day
- Social events and opportunities to connect with and recognise teams across the business
To contribute to the smooth running of the day-to-day activities of the finance department. They will provide assistance to the financial team. Apart from taking care of office administration, they will take ownership of the company purchase and sales ledger. They also deal directly with customers and handle queries relating to invoices and other accounting issues, they therefore need strong interpersonal and communication skills to effectively deal with customers, co-workers and Managers.
This Job description is not exhaustive and tasks may be added or removed to meet the needs of the business.
This role is based at our offices in Manchester M3
Scope of job
- Assist in the analysis of costs, ensuring their accuracy.
- Process supplier Invoices daily on to the accounts system.
- Ensure all suppliers invoices are paid within company policy, obtaining appropriate authorisation.
- Dealing with supplier queries & reconciliation of supplier accounts.
- Allocate bank payments to supplier accounts.
- Maintaining accurate accounting records by scanning all invoices and loading on to the system.
- Input bank payments.
- Complete monthly bank reconciliations.
- Support preparation of documents for audit.
- Post journals as and when required.
- Carry out any admin tasks as required by the Finance department.
- Complete any ad-hoc requests from the Accounts Manager.
- Ensure all the above completed accurately & on time
- Envisage future problems & come up with solutions, identify future opportunities
- Excellent attention to detail
- Adaptable to changing systems and processes
- Strong communication, to both financially and non-financially minded colleagues
- Understands the importance of customer focus
- Driven in order to deliver against the needs of the business
- Ability to work effectively within a team
- Able to effectively communicate with both internal and external customers
- Wants to progress and develop themselves within their role
- Can exhibit the core values of the Company: Be Human, Dream Big, Work Together
Experience / Knowledge:
- Keen to take first step into Finance role or experience of a similar role..
- Intermediate Excel skills.
- Strong numeracy skills.
- Ensure daily bank transactions are maintained accurately and kept up to date
- Ensure accounting systems are maintained effectively which will stand up to audit scrutiny
- Ensure relevant and accounting convention and policies are adhered to.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Company events
- Monday to Friday
- Finance: 1 year (preferred)
To apply for this role send your C.V. and covering letter to email@example.com